As part of the City of Arlington Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, a mobile collection unit allows you to properly dispose of your household hazardous waste safely and efficiently.
Once a month, the Crud Cruiser visits a neighborhood park in your community to collect old paint, motor oil and other household chemical waste. Best of all – It is free, convenient and good for the environment!
For more information call 817-459-6777 or contact Jennifer Shaver @ Jennifer.Shaver@arlingtontx.gov
2016 Crud Cruiser Schedule
Events are from 8 to 11 a.m.
- January 23 – Vandergriff Park, 2800 S. Center Street
- February 20 – Webb Community Park, 1100 Mansfield Webb Road
- March 19 – J.W. Dunlop Park, 1500 NW Green Oaks Blvd.
- April 23 – Webb Community Park, 1100 Mansfield Webb Road
- May 21 – Cravens Park, 400 Cravens Park Drive
- June 25 – Randol Mill Park, 1901 W. Randol Mill Road
- July 30 – Cravens Park, 400 Cravens Park Drive
- August 27 – Cliff Nelson Park, 4600 W. Bardin Road
- September 17 – Vandergriff Park, 2800 S. Center Street
- October 29 – River Legacy Park, 701 NW Green Oaks Blvd.
- November 19 – Woodland West Pk/Dottie Lynn Rec Ctr, 3200 Norwood Drive
- December No Event
How long will it be available?
You can find the Crud Cruiser in a designated neighborhood park from 8 a.m to 11 a.m. Please note: Arrive early. Storage capacity in the Crud Cruiser may limit participation to the first 75 residents or households.
How much will it cost?
There is no charge. This program is free for all Arlington residents.
Do I need to show proof of residency?
Yes. A driver’s license or a current water, telephone or electricity bill is acceptable.
What if it is raining?
The program will be cancelled.
What are some examples of acceptable hazardous household waste?
Motor oil, paint, household chemicals, degreasers, antifreeze, oil filters, photo chemical, gasoline, all types of batteries. View complete list.
What are some examples of unacceptable hazardous household waste?
Ammunition, explosives, tires, medical waste, propane, radioactive material and waste generated by businesses.
What can I do with my materials if I am not able to visit the Crud Cruiser?
Take your items to the Environmental Collection Center at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth. Call 817-392-EASY(3279) for hours of operation.
I need more information about this program. What should I do?
Call the City of Arlington at 817-459-6777.