The Community Garden at UT Arlington, located at 406 Summit Avenue at the corner of UTA Blvd and Summit on the University of Texas in Arlington campus, offers city residents more than just a place to garden but also a place to socialize, make friends and share in the bounty of fresh produce.
The half acre garden supports Arlington’s commitment to sustainability by preserving green space, educating the community about preserving green space and utilizes both compost and rain harvesting techniques to promote water conservation. A portion of all food grown here is donated to local food pantries. The garden is a joint venture between UTA’s Office of Sustainability and the City of Arlington’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Annual membership is $25
- There are 78 plots
- Water and basic gardening tools are provided on site
- Plots must be maintained and harvested regularly
- Parking passes will be issued to you
- The garden is self-governed and it is the gardeners responsibility to police themselves
- There is a 22×22 Shade Arbor
- Compost and Rain Harvesting stage areas are included at the garden
- Organic practices only
- There are four picnic tables, one bench and trash receptacles
For more information about the Community Garden please contact Grace Darling @ email@example.com .
You may also download a garden plot application here.