The City of Arlington’s Water Utilities Department hosts an array of programs and events designed toconserve and minimize pollution of our water supply. The department has joined forces with the Tarrant Regional Water District and Keep Arlington Beautiful to communicate these initiatives to our community in an effort to engage the public and continue to promote a safe and healthy urban environment.
The department recently won the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA) Gold Medal Award for exceptional utility performance for its emphasis on long-term financial stability and managing assets through continuous process improvements. They were also recognized for working closely with the community to strengthen its commitment to environmental issues through collaborative outreach projects, such as the Lake Arlington Water Supply Protection Master Plan.
Water Utilities is involved in an array of eco-friendly initiatives such as:
- Drought management
- Conservation Plan and tips for conserving
- Lake Arlington
- FOG (Fats/Oils/Grease) disposal and recycling methods
- Irrigation suggestions
- Water Quality Report
- Drought Map
- Drought Emergency Watering Plan
- Troubleshooting lost water consumption
- Check Arlington Water Utilities Approved Rain and Freeze Sensor List before installing one
- Cover those outdoor water taps to keep them insulated and prevent water pipes from rupturing
- Join the Care and Share program to donate to those in need. A perfect holiday gift.
- Adjust your water heater thermostat if necessary