The mission of Keep Arlington Beautiful is to educate and engage the Arlington community to take responsibility for improving their environment.
Keep Arlington Beautiful supports Arlington’s initiative to nurture and grow an environmentally friendly and vibrant community providing our residents with ample opportunities for culture, beauty and play.
Keep Arlington Beautiful is a program launched through the City of Arlington in conjunction with Keep Texas Beautiful. The official citizen-led KAB Board received approval at the March 12, 2012 Park Board meeting. This advisory Board, comprised of business and community members, works to promote KAB’s mission and vision.
The KAB Board meets monthly. KAB Board meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. and are typically held at the Parks and Recreation main office at 717 W. Main Street, Arlington, 76013. Meetings are open to the public.
Serving on the Board
As a Keep Arlington Beautiful Board member you can expect to:
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Assist with organizing community events
- Volunteer for special projects and events
- Network with neighborhood groups, churches, rotary clubs, city departments, etc
- Assist in marketing the brand
- Attend annual training and conferences
- Solicit donations and sponsorships
- Write grants
For general mail:
717 W. Main Street
Arlington, TX 76013
To receive an application or get additional information contact KAB@arlingtontx.gov