Lake Arlington “Love Where You Live” Cleanup and CITO Event
Volunteers from the last Lake Arlington cleanup pick up litter on the shore line
The City of Arlington’s Water Department and the Parks and Recreation Department are teaming up with SWAG (South West Arlington Geocachers) and Keep Arlington Beautiful to host the “Love Where you Live” Lake Arlington cleanup event at Eugene McCray Park on August 17th from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Volunteers will be picking up litter and debris along the shores and islands of Lake Arlington.
*See Photos of Spring Event*
Frequently asked questions
- Will I get wet? – Yes, there is a good possibility that you may get wet as Police, Fire and Park boats transport volunteers across the lake to the various cleanup points.
- What about life preservers? – Life preservers will be provided to all volunteers carted across the lake.
- Is there an age limit? – No. Any age volunteer is welcome. Volunteers ages 17 and younger will need a parental signature on their waiver and a parent or legal guardian with them.
- Are pets allowed? – Pets are not allowed on the boats so this will limit the area which you can clean. However, you can walk along the shore line near the main park and pick up litter there.
- Should I bring snacks? – We always recommend volunteers bring a small cooler to keep in their vehicle(s) with water and snacks. Typically we have sponsors who provide beverages and snacks or hot dogs but this is not guaranteed.
- How do I sign up? – Just email us to get your name added to the volunteer roster.
- What about the waiver of liability? – We highly encourage volunteers to print the waiver and sign it in advance of the event so you only need to hand it in when you check in. This makes the process much faster. We will have additional copies at the event for those who forgot theirs or show up last minute. Please remember anyone age 17 and younger will need a parental signature and a parent or guardian in their group.
- I am part of a large group or organization. How do I sign us up? – Just email us and let us know.
- Do you have to be a geocacher to attend? – No. This is a cleanup event and we welcome any assistance.
For our geocaching community, please visit the Event CITO Page to view the pathtag and log your find.
If you have further questions please contact KAB@arlingtontx.gov or “Like” us on Facebook.